Deal Street Webinar: Southeast Asia's VC Landscape: Has it Hit Rock Bottom?
1982 Ventures participated in the Deal Street Asia webinar "Southeast Asia's VC Plunge: Have we hit rock bottom".
This webinar dives into the current state of venture capital (VC) investments in Southeast Asia, exploring whether the industry has reached its lowest point. Moderated by Joji Philip, Founder and Chief Editor of DealStreetAsia and Andi Haswidi: Head of Research at DealStreetAsia, the discussion features key insights from:
- Eddy Chan, Founding Partner, Intudo Ventures: Offering perspectives on the Indonesian VC landscape and its unique challenges.
- Herston Powers, Founding Managing Partner, 1982 Ventures: Sharing valuable insights on the fintech sector and its potential in Southeast Asia.
- VC investment in Southeast Asia has seen a significant decline: The latest quarterly report reveals a drop in both deal volume (lowest in 3 years) and total deal value (52% lower than 2020 for the first 9 months).
- The market is starting to stabilize and has returned to pre-pandemic levels: Despite the challenging funding environment, Southeast Asia remains the most attractive Emerging Market for VC investment globally.
- Opportunities in fintech and early stage VC remain strong: The webinar highlights promising areas like the growing fintech sector, showcasing Southeast Asia's potential for future VC growth.