1982 Ventures shares insights in UOB Fintech in ASEAN Report 2021
1982 Ventures shares their insights in this year’s "FinTech in ASEAN 2021: Digital Takes Flight" for Singapore Fintech Festival.
Investments into fintech firms in Southeast Asia have reached an all-time high of US$3.5 billion in the first nine months of 2021.
Preview of key findings:
- In the first nine months of 2021, ASEAN’s Fintech firms received a record-breaking US$3.5 billion in funding, three times the amount raised last year.
- Singapore continues to lead funding numbers and deals within ASEAN.
- Payments, investment tech and cryptocurrency firms saw the most funding.
- E-wallets have emerged as a key payment method, second only to cash.
- One in two respondents are aware of 'green' investment products, of which 55 per cent have invested in such products.
- Almost nine in 10 respondents across ASEAN are currently using or are open to using digital currencies in the future.
Click here to download the report.Special thanks to Naya Naryana M. for her assistance in putting together this piece.
About Singapore FinTech Association (SFA)
The SFA is a cross-industry and non-profit organisation with a purpose to support the development of the Fintech industry in Singapore and to facilitate the Fintech ecosystem in Singapore. With over 850+ members, they represent the full range of stakeholders in, from early-stage companies to large financial players and service providers.
For more information visit: https://singaporefintech.org